12th ISHTIP Annual Workshop
Landmarks of Intellectual Property
Hosted by the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management of Bournemouth University, the 12th Annual Workshop of the International Society for the History and Theory of Intellectual Property (ISHTIP) will explore the contemporary relevance of the landmarks of intellectual property.
Participants are invited to consider the different ways in which a place, a time, a personality, a case, or a particular year has become a landmark of IP. These might include challenging or questioning (the idea of) certain landmarks of IP; proposing new ones; or highlighting unsung ones, be they milestones, vantage points, beacons, breakthroughs, events, turning points, or anniversaries. Contributions may also critique dominant frameworks or theories, thus putting into perspective the significance of such turning points by highlighting the role of historical contingencies, discontinuities and cultural difference.
Due to the ongoing restrictions on travel and gatherings, the workshop will be held online.
HOW TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
1. Register and sign in
2. Go the the PROGRAMME page and click on the link below each panel
3. You will be directed to another page where you will watch the live stream of the panel and post your comments and questions for the speakers.
This is an overview of the panels of the ISHTIP workshop. Please note: BST = British Summer Time (Bournemouth, London, etc.). Your local time is displayed in the PROGRAMME page, where you can find more information and choose the panels you wish to attend.
Chair: Merima Bruncevic
Speakers: Vicky Breemen, Chijioke Ifeoma Okorie, Mathilde Pavis and Andrea Wallace
Discussants: Peter Jaszi and Martin Fredriksson
2. Exploring the borders of the IP land – Tuesday 13 July 12:00 BST
Chair: Fiona MacMillan
Speakers: Géraldine Blanche, Isabella Alexander, Anjali Vats,
Discussants: Toni Lester and Jose Bellido
3. Landmarks of invention – Wednesday 14 July 12:00 BST
Chair: Kara Swanson
Speakers: Soumyajit Basu, Matthew David
Discussants: Brad Sherman and Stina Teilmann-Lock
4. The institutional dimension of IP landmarks – Wednesday 14 July 14:00 BST
Chair: Eva Hemmungs-Wirtén
Speakers: Zvi S. Rosen, Kara Swanson, Jingwen Guo
Discussants: Sara Bannerman and Simon Stern
5. Landmark IP values – Thursday 15 July 12:00 BST
Chair: Kathy Bowrey
Speakers: Jessica Silbey, Robin Wright, Marta Cernadas Lázare
Discussants: Marta Iljadica and Giovanni Maria Riccio
6. (Re)discovering copyright landmarks: Panel in honour of Martha Woodmansee – Thursday 15 July 14:00 BST
Chair: Maurizio Borghi
Speakers: Catherine Pocock, Graham Dutfield and Uma Suthersanen, Cristina S. Martinez
Discussants: Will Slauter and Martha Woodmansee